MyU/UCard Name Change

Changing Name in MyU: 

As a student, you can submit a/the name you wish to be called through MyU. You can also submit your name as you would like it to be displayed on your diploma. Follow the following steps: 

1. Log into MyU

2. Select the My Info tab. 

3. Select the appropriate term. 

4. Click the pencil or "Edit" icon next to your name in the main heading. 

5. Click the  Add a New Name button within the lightbox. 

6. Select the name type you would like to set. 

7. Enter the name as you would like it to appear. Click the Save button. you will see the change within MyU. 

When submitting your new name in MyU, this name will show up on professors' rosters. It will also show up as an option when getting your UCard printed. There are SOME instances where submitting your new name will not be reflected in certain university databases. If you encounter an issue with your former name showing up where you do not want it, please contact Sexuality & Gender Equity Initiatives. 

For a downloadable PDF on changing your name in MyU, click the link: PDF iconname_change_guide.pdf

Getting your name on your UCard/Changing your name on your UCard: 

When you submit a new name through MyU using the steps above, this name can be printed on your UCard. If you are a new student who has not received a UCard yet but would like a different name than your legal name, submitting through MyU before going to the UCard office is ideal (if you're able). 

If you're a current student & would like to get a new UCard with your new name but have not legally changed your name you are still able to get a new card free of charge. Please contact [email protected] or [email protected] to request your new ID to ensure you are not charged for the reprint.